101-0020 RS-485 to USB Converter
The 101-0020 USB to RS-485 Converter provides a simple, low cost interface between a PC or laptop with a USB port, and 2-wire RS-485 devices. Universal Serial Bus (USB) drivers make this converter compatible with most software developed for RS-232 serial port interfaces because it appears as an RS-232 port to your software. Switching between receive and transmit is automatically controlled, RTS (request to send) is not needed. Power for the converter is taken from the USB port so no external power supply is required. A rugged design makes 101-0020 an ideal choice for field engineers and technicians who service RS-485 2-wire equipment in an industrial environment. Because the 101-0020 RS-485 converter is used on devices without a ground terminal, voltage suppression is used to clamp the common mode voltage to +/- 7 volts for increased protection.
For an RS-485 converter with a RS-232 interface Microflex offers the 101-0009.
The 101-0020 replaces the 101-0010 USB to RS-485 Converter.
Includes drivers for Windows 7, Vista, XP, and 2000
- Auto transmit control eliminates RTS requirement
- Power Up/Down glitch-free permits live insertion or removal Powered from RS-232 Com Port
- Common mode range permits +/-7V ground difference
- Not bus terminated - increases flexibility
- Rubber and stainless steel enclosure handles rough field use
- Super low power design for extended portable computer battery life